Monday, June 20, 2005

Filmblogging: Watching Batman Begins

I saw Batman Begins Sunday night with some friends, at least one of whom had read the comics (I hadn't). We had a great time. The movie was highly entertaining, and I don't think I've had that much fun watching a movie in the theater since The Incredibles. I'd be willing to see it again.

Random observation #1: When Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne hasn't shaved, he looks very similar to Sirius Black (as played by Gary Oldman) in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.

Random observation #2: More than once while watching the film, I had the thought that Christian Bale, at times, resembles Gregory Lee Kenyon, who plays the title character in Ancanar. Or should it be the other way around? Either phrasing works fine for me.

Random observation #3: Every time I walk by this Star Wars: Episode III poster at the movie theater, I cannot help but laugh. Unless you get really close, it looks for all the world as if Napoleon Dynamite has replaced Anakin. It's mostly the hair, I think. I hope the friend to whom I made that observation last night can forgive me for the trauma I think my comment did him...