Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Chris Tomlin: Recommended

The Nanotribologist and my church are responsible for introducing me to Chris Tomlin's music. Many months after I first found myself spontaneously singing "How great is our God" and "Indescribable" while returning home from the university, I've finally gotten around to getting two of his CDs, which Amazon just delivered. Right now, sounds of Arriving are coming forth from my computer. The CD is excellent. I've heard many good things about it, and it's not overrated.

My review: Chris Tomlin makes great Praise/Worship music to a catchy beat without veering anywhere near Jesus-is-my-significant-other territory in terms of lyrics. I recommend it.

This is the opinion of a Christian who very rarely buys CDs of this or related genres (and who never listens to the radio). I think the last even remotely similar CD to this one that I bought was Thrive, and that would have been two or three years ago. It's been a while.

Not to us is the other recent CD acquisition.