Tuesday, July 05, 2005

The countdown obsession continues

You didn't seriously think I was going to forget to note that only ten days remain before Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince comes out, did you? The giddiness I feel is already starting to manifest itself externally. I find myself grinning widely at the smallest possible thing that could be interpreted as a reference to Harry Potter or the merest trace of a John Williams theme from one of the three film soundtracks. Two out of the last three nights, I have dreamed about book six. I am staying far away from sites like Google news because I fear spoilers. To even hint at something that might spoil the plot of a good book to someone who doesn't want the plot spoiled is very nearly a sin in my book, and I don't want to know anything about the details surrounding the publication of number six that has not come from JKR or her representatives until I've finished reading it. I am reloading MuggleNet and The Leaky Cauldron more often than usual (and I usually do so quite frequently), because I do trust them.

Hopefully (for any readers I still have out there, at least — I'm having quite a lot of fun the way things stand), I will be feeling less hyper and be less prone to posting almost exclusively about books that could be categorized as "children's literature" and/or "fantasy" in a few weeks' time.