Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Inheritance Trilogy Happiness

It is not quite 2 am, and this time it's not for fear of spiders that I'm blogging at this hour. I am awake because I just finished reading Eldest, the second book in the Inheritance trilogy. It went on sale today, August 23rd, which is still the day I went to buy the book at Borders by the reasoning that today is still Tuesday the 23rd since I haven't gone to sleep yet, even though my clock insists it's the 24th. Ah, now, there's some reasoning worthy of even Angela*...

And yes, oh yes, Christopher Paolini retains his status as my new favorite author. Eldest was a joy to read, and in its honor I have added Shur'tugal and Alagaësia to the links list.

Once I get up tomorrow after dreaming (I hope) of mountains, deserts, elves, and dragon riders, I shall return to immersing myself in 16th and 17th century literature, laying waste to the Golden Age plays on the "to read NOW or else I die" list with such intensity that I am sure I will conveniently forget to post a new big word for Wednesday.

Sé onr sverdar sitja hvass!




*Angela is one of Christopher Paolini's characters. If you've read either Inheritance book (the first is Eragon), you'll understand.