Monday, October 10, 2005

Divers matters

So, yesterday I went over to the video store to see if I could rent the first disc from the Firefly DVD set. It turns out that the store (a branch of a national chain) doesn't carry it and that the person behind the counter had no idea what I was talking about, so I am going to be stuck looking to see if any of my friends owns the DVDs and is willing to let me borrow them. The odds of someone having it probably aren't that good, but they are significantly better than they would have been three or so years ago, so I will hold out hope.

Now, some random sentences I've really wanted to quote over the course of normal conversation lately, but haven't found reasons to justify using them:

This was an elven guard tower. My father had a drawing of one.*

We have a little problem with our engine sequence, so we may experience some slight... turbulence and then explode.*

Excuse me, are you the imprint of a departed soul?*

The search begins.*

Just because you've got the emotional range of a teaspoon doesn't mean we all have.*

Stupid, fat hobbit! You ruins it!*

Never insult Albus Dumbledore in front of me.*