Thursday, October 06, 2005

Filmblogging

I went to see the movie Serenity last weekend, its opening weekend. This was the first time I'd been to the movie theater in what feels like a very long time, although in reality it's probably only been two months. I enjoyed it, and I hadn't seen Firefly, the series upon which it's based. It was very fun, worth my $8 (or whatever ticket prices are here now, I forget). Many memorable lines. I'd like to see it again in the theater sometime, and I want to buy the DVD when it comes out.

The only negative consequence of having seen the movie is that now I really want to go rent the Firefly DVD set from the local video rental establishment, and I do not have the time. Unless, I suppose, I can restrain myself to watching episodes bit by bit and doing so only on Sundays. Or, I could just go look at the screencaps and witty commentary that is available through the Firefly page at Two Evil Monks, but I'd really rather watch it first... speaking of Two Evil Monks, they've also illuminated "manuscripts" from Alias to great effect.