Thursday, November 10, 2005

Making up for last Sunday

Making up for it in that Sunday was fantastic and the week since then has been anything but that.

It's about 1:30 am. I've read for several consecutive hours, and I'm still not ready for ta panta* academic on Friday. I could use at least another hour to work on my homework. And then there's the grading. Why, pray tell, do I have to go grade things now? (Okay, I do know the answer to that question — it's because I've put that which needs to be graded off for long enough already and really should hand those papers back soon.)

We have a dilemma, precious.

On the one hand, I could go to sleep and say I'll finish everything after I wake up and before I go to class in the morning. On the other hand, I could be realistic and remember that there's only been one day out of the last six when I actually got up the first time the alarm rang. There hasn't been much time in which to insert extra preparation between getting up and going off to school/work.

Esta ha sido una semana fatal. It has most definitely not been a good week, and hitting the snooze button more than usual had nothing to do with it, actually. It seems that about the only things that have gone right (other than not being late to class) were talking to my parents on the phone and having breakfast with a friend on Tuesday. Well, and getting a considerable bit of reading out of the way. Problem is, "considerable bit" is not enough. It's never enough.

Let's hope I wake up with the alarm in the morning.



*Unless I misremember, that'd be "all things."