Wednesday, December 14, 2005

7

From the Little Professor, we have a meme involving the number seven. I saw this a few weeks ago but didn't get around to posting my answers then.

Seven things to do before I die
Achieve trilingual status (or better).
Attend a game of my favorite NFL team at their home stadium. Preferably one they win. Preferably a game against a division rival. Or a playoff game.
Get the Ph.D.
Improve my pathetically limited knowledge of Greek.
Memorize a lot more scripture.
Move. West of everything here.
Spend days or weeks (preferably the latter) in certain museums in the London, Paris, Madrid, and Barcelona metropolitan areas.

Seven things I cannot do
Do a cartwheel.
Look good in orange.
Multitask.
Refrain from scrutinizing other people's book collections.
Seem to avoid turning interests into obsessions.
Sing soprano.
Tolerate nasty horrid little shelobs.

Seven things that attract me to my best friend
Friends I have, but a best friend I do not, so I'll skip this one.

Seven things I say most often
(This is the English version of the list)
Granted.
Obviously.
Probably.
Really.
So.
Typically.
Yeah.

Seven books (or series) I love
(To make things more interesting, I'm going to list seven beyond the obvious seven, the obvious being the Abhorsen trilogy, the Bible, The Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter, the as-yet-unfinished Inheritance trilogy, The Lord of the Rings/The Silmarillion, and The Scandal of the Evangelical Mind.)
Bird by bird.
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
The Hiding Place.
A Little Princess.
Mere Christianity.
Niebla.
Till We Have Faces.

Seven movies I watch over and over again (or would watch over and over if I had the time)
Chariots of Fire.
The Fellowship of the Ring/The Two Towers/The Return of the King.
Gosford Park.
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade/Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Minority Report.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
Serenity.

Seven people I want to join in, too
Any seven people who feel like it.