Saturday, December 03, 2005

Adventures in Sugar Cookie Art

Last night, I decorated sugar cookies with friends. Unfortunately, as the baking and prettifying of cookies with frosting and other tasty trimmings did not take place at my apartment, my digital camera was not on hand to help provide a visual play-by-play of how I decorated my cookies. (Also, as I did not know beforehand that we would end up decorating cookies, I didn't think to bring the camera. Plus, these friends would have thought that really weird...) I can only give you the end result.

Have an idea where this is going? Remember the cupcakes from July (posts 1, 2, 3)? I'll give you a little space to ponder this question and time to click the links if necessary, and then you can scroll down for the answer and the photographic evidence.







































I only did one of the cookies Harry Potter style, but anyway, one is sufficient. To borrow the words that Dobby wrote on baubles he used to decorate the room where the D.A. met in year five...

HAVE A VERY HARRY CHRISTMAS!




This specimen of Harry Potter Sugar Cookie Art, brought to you by the teaching assistant, shows Mr. Harry James Potter in the bottle-green Yule Ball robes he wears on one memorable night in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.