Sunday, December 04, 2005

For the Love of Narnia

The Chronicle of Higher Education has a really good article, For the Love of Narnia, that starts off talking about the Narnia movie but really isn't about the movie at all. It's a critique of the (harsh, unfair, and unwarranted, in my opinion) critique of Christianity and C.S. Lewis that Phillip Pullman (author of His Dark Materials) does. I'd like to say thanks to Amy Welborn for directing me to the article.



Side note: If you're relatively new to this blog, you might not be aware of the fact that Christianity-bashing and a few worldview issues aside, I'm actually quite a fan of Pullman and have blogged a lot about His Dark Materials in the past. I think he is a fantastic writer but with a penchant to demonize anything that could remotely be connected to Christianity, or worse, John Calvin. I like Pullman, but I wouldn't give his fantasy trilogy to a thirteen-year-old kid to read.