Sunday, February 26, 2006

Coming to theaters, eventually

I would have liked to have gone to a movie this weekend, but right now, there is nothing out that I'm remotely interested in seeing, some flicks I've watched already excepted: End of the Spear, The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch & the Wardrobe (3x), Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire (2x)...

It's a while before anything that might interest me comes out. Here are a few titles that have potential to do so and are to be released within the next few months.

Sophie Scholl: The Final Days. It's a German language film set in WWII. I'm not sure when it'll come to theaters near me.

Joyeux Noël. Another foreign film involving Europe and a world war. I might wait for the DVD to come out and then rent it.

She's the Man. I'm not expecting to be dazzled by this in any way, but the idea of Shakespeare's Twelfth Night with a cast of teenagers and set in our current century makes me laugh too hard to not consider going to see it. It could be horrific, but even if it is it should still be good for laughs. Hey, I was amused by 10 Things I Hate About You (a loose adaptation of The Taming of the Shrew), so why not? This comes out in late March.

Flight 93. If, come late April (it is released on the 28th), I think I will be able to emotionally handle watching this movie and can get at least one other person to go with me, I will stuff my pockets with kleenex and go watch it. However, I might hold off seeing it for several weeks, until the school year is over.

Water. Maybe.

Mission: Impossible III. J.J. Abrams (creator of ALIAS) directs, and it's about spies. That means I can't not see it. It's out in the first week of May.

X-Men: The Last Stand. May 26. This is a must see. Opening weekend, if I can manage it.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest. There is one reason I will see this film: Johnny Depp.