Sunday, February 19, 2006

Fun reading

Remember when I said this?
What I wish I were reading right now: were it not for the many, many books I need to read to survive grad school monopolizing my existence, I'd be on a major science fiction kick as we speak. I would proceed to follow that scifi kick with a Robert Ludlum style spy novel spree and then move on to a period of immoderate indulgence of dystopian fiction. I am fairly certain that grad school is what is making me crave books about alternate realities and dystopias. Is this bad?

Well, this weekend I decided I needed to take a little break and be nice to myself by not postponing fun reading anymore. I've been working way too hard with schoolwork. So, when not doing homework and taking care of teaching matters this weekend, I've been immersing myself in dystopian fiction/scifi and fantasy. This has been highly enjoyable.