Saturday, April 08, 2006

Harry Potter Happiness: Wombat Edition

If you're not into Harry Potter, you're not going to care...

I read a new essay over at MuggleNet. I read their editorials almost religiously, but that fact is not news to a lot of you. Seriously, I promise, I only write about any of them here when I find one wonderfully, immensely stimulating. Well, the one I just read, called As Clear as Water, merits a link. It focuses on the cave scene in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and potions. I think it's genius. The person who authored it may very well be on to something.

Oh, by the way, I sat the Grade 1 W.O.M.B.A.T. exam (Wizards' Ordinary Magic and Basic Aptitude Test) at J.K. Rowling's website a few days ago. The results arrived by owl post earlier this weekend, and I am happy to report that I achieved an "Outstanding" score. I'm especially pleased because (a) unlike that New York Times crossword from last July, it wasn't a mere trivia test and (b) I thought some of the questions were hard. I've since printed out my W.O.M.B.A.T. certificate and pasted it to the wall above my desk...

Labels: