Saturday, May 13, 2006

Fun reading I want to do this summer

I have plenty of academic reading to keep me occupied these next few months, but between titles I need to read for grad school, I want to read something entirely different and have a bit of fun while I'm at it... additionally, I want to actually have the final say over what I will read for a change. That's a good part of what makes what I term "fun reading" fun, incidentally.

Here's the current list:

As many of Orson Scott Card's books related to Ender Wiggin as I can manage. So far, I've only read Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow, both of which were absolutely fantastic. I loved them. I might reread those two this summer, once I get through the stack of sequels that some very nice friends have loaned me.

Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum.

Is the Reformation over? by Mark Noll and Carolyn Nystrom.

The token book having to do with C.S. Lewis. I think it'll be A Love Observed by Lyle Dorsett this time. Actually, there'll probably be more than one "token book about C.S. Lewis" that I read this summer, if the past is any indication. I love that man.

Old Man's War by John Scalzi, a fellow blogger. I've been on a scifi kick lately, and the reviews that Scalzi's book has gotten from InstaPundit, among other bloggers, plus the first few pages that you can see at Amazon.com, have really made me want to read this book.

At least one volume worth of Harry Potter in French.

Garth Nix's Mister Monday. If I like the book (and when a book's author is Garth Nix, I usually like it very much), I'll probably go on to read more from The Keys to the Kingdom series.

Becoming Conversant with the Emerging Church by D.A. Carson. This has been on my "to read" list for a while.

Labels: , , ,