Thursday, June 01, 2006

Books whose publication I most eagerly anticipate

The seventh and final Harry Potter book. The title has yet to be announced, but one assumes that J.K. Rowling will follow the usual formula of Harry Potter and the _____________ and that the blank will contain between two and four words.

The third and presumably last book in the Inheritance trilogy by Christopher Paolini. The first two books are titled Eragon and Eldest, respectively. Anyone wonder if the third book's title might be a word containing six letters, the first of which is E?

Anything that Orson Scott Card writes in the future that is remotely related to the Ender series and Shadow subseries. There are loose ends that need to be tied up: there must be more books coming! (I read somewhere that one or two more are planned, but as that information wasn't directly from Card or his publisher, I'll take it with a grain of salt. I forget where I read that — it might have been at Wikipedia.)

As far as I know, the dates of publication for these books have yet to be announced. That's no surprise, given that we don't even know for sure what the titles will be...

Labels: , , ,