Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Presents for my precious

I went a-software shopping. Purchased: new versions of Office and iLife. Aside from software, the precious also got a new toy in a 1 GB USB flash drive. Whenever the lazy bums who make EndNote get around to releasing the latest version for Mac (it's already available for PC), I'm going to buy that, too. Apparently, that is supposed to come out this fall... meaning that new EndNote will probably be what I give my computer for Christmas.

On a related note, the next technological toy on my wish list is an Airport base station (or maybe an Airport Express; I'm undecided). Once I get it, I'm going to have to come up with an appropriately geeky name for the wireless network I'm going to set up in my apartment. Something literary is likely. Something having to do with fantasy or science fiction is even more likely.

All in all, what I'm saving this semester on textbook expenses, I'm spending on software and gadgetry.

Labels: