Saturday, October 07, 2006

Another Saturday, another book sale

Yay, more books! These cost me $3 for the lot. I am particularly pleased to have found the lone Spanish language title listed below. For several weeks now, I have been spending a lot of time on a research project involving Quechua and Spanish language Andean literature from the colonial period. Earlier this week, I went to discuss one play in particular with my school's expert in the subject, who, over the course of our conversation, gave me a long list of articles and books for further investigation. La voz y su huella was one of the most important on that list. I was supposed to read a specific, revised edition of the book, and I found that exact edition at the book sale for twenty-five cents. What's more, only one thousand copies of that edition were printed. Saying that I got lucky rather understates the situation, I think. Note: the above link to the (currently unavailable) book at Amazon.com is not the edition to read — the one I wanted and found was published in 1992 by Editorial Horizonte of Lima, Peru.

Books aquired
Colfer, Eoin. Artemis Fowl.
Colfer, Eoin. Artemis Fowl: The Eternity Code.
Lienhard, Martin. La voz y su huella: escritura y conflicto étnico-cultural en América Latina 1492-1988.
Pierce, Tamora. Lady Knight.
Pierce, Tamora. Squire.
Tolkien, J.R.R. The Tolkien Reader.

Labels: