Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I love The Leaky Cauldron ... and MuggleNet too

... and the following is one of many reasons why. Meet Ask Peeves, the ultimate Harry Potter search engine, designed by the people at Leaky. Ask Peeves is a thing of beauty. (At least I think it's a thing of beauty. However, I get the feeling that the above statement will ilicit the same kind of mockery from my sister as when I referred to the published Potter books as "canon" over Thanksgiving vacation.)

On a similar note, Accio Quote! is another fun Potterverse website — it boasts the largest archive of J.K. Rowling quotes and interviews on the internet. Accio Quote! is the combination of two formerly separate websites, Quick Quote Quill and Madam Scoop's Index to J.K. Rowling Interviews.

By the way, I loved MuggleNet's What Will Happen in Harry Potter 7. The book is quite well written, and it exceeded my expectations by a lot (I should state that the quality of MuggleNet's online editorials had set those expectations relatively high). As far as predictions about the end of the series go, the writers of that book are in the best position to make educated guesses and theories of anyone out there. One of the authors, Emerson Spartz (the founder of MuggleNet), actually got to interview J.K. Rowling right after Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince was published.

Labels: