Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Once again, I'm glad I moved

"I -- don't -- like -- spiders," said Ron tensely.
"I never knew that," said Hermione, looking at Ron in surprise. "You've used spiders in Potions loads of times...."
"I don't mind them dead," said Ron, who was carefully looking anywhere but at the window. "I just don't like the way they move...."

— Ron, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling, Chapter 9


Like Ron Weasley, I hate and fear spiders. I've mentioned this frequently on this blog in the past, but interestingly, I don't think my abhorrence of little shelobs has come up at all since I moved out of my old apartment last summer. Which is as it should be. Life is so much more pleasant when one doesn't fear being attacked by the loathsome spawn of Ungoliant each time one walks in or out of one's front door... or frequently find them lurking in the bathroom...

This gets mentioned because my Harry Potter Quote Conjurer widget just displayed the quote previously cited.

Labels: , ,