Monday, May 28, 2007

Recent events

While I was away from the blog over the last two and a half weeks... a lot of things happened.

1. The school year ended, and there was much rejoicing.
2. I got engaged!
3. Much recreational reading took place. Much reading for fun is still taking place.
4. My sister visited.
5. My roommate got married.
6. I started a summer job. Well, technically, two summer jobs. Together, they'll keep me busy for 25 to 30 hours a week for the next several weeks.

None of the above have been very conducive to spending time thinking about the blog.

Most notable among the books I've been reading is the series The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. It's a great series, although definitely not written for kids. The protagonist of the series, Harry Dresden, is a wisecracking wizard private investigator from Chicago. These books are very entertaining. I read the first one earlier this spring, and I've gone through the next six in the series over the last couple weeks. There are two more books that I have yet to read, and as far as I know the author isn't done with the series. Which is a very good thing.

Labels: