Thursday, June 21, 2007

One month!

Only one more month remains until I get to read Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the book I've been longing to read for a third of my life. When I read my first Harry Potter book, I was sixteen years old and a junior in high school. Since then, I've gotten a high school diploma, a batchelor's degree, a master's degree, and engaged. Many things in my life have changed since the fateful day when my sister's best friend loaned us the first three Harry Potter books, but my love for Harry has remained constant and always will.

On the subject of wizards named Harry... when J.K. Rowling's seven part series comes to a close, a lot of us will probably be searching for books to help us deal with Potter withdrawal. I recommend The Dresden Files, a contemporary fantasy series by American author Jim Butcher about Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden, the only wizard P.I. in Chicago. The first book of The Dresden Files is called Storm Front. Happy reading!

Labels: ,