Saturday, September 29, 2007

Recent themes in my grad school experience

If there is an overarching theme for what I'm working on in grad school this semester, it is getting in touch with my inner historian. The last several years have had much more to do with my inner literary critic, and I really enjoy this opportunity to do more purely historical and historiographical analysis. Playing with manuscripts now and then will be fun, too.

This summer, I still felt burnt-out from the events of the 2006-2007 academic school year (with an emphasis on fall 2006, when my life's - not just grad school's - theme was "I will survive" as I finished work on my M.A.). Summer's theme was pretty well illustrated by a song-and-dance routine from a television show I happen to like. You can watch it here, courtesy of youtube.


That song, titled "Going through the motions," appears in the episode "Once More, With Feeling" of Buffy the Vampire Slayer's sixth season.

Labels: ,