Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Ups and downs

The semester is close to over. But I'm facing the worst end-of-academic-term time crunch I've had in four years of grad school. Taking a course overload was such a bad idea. Remind me to never do that again.

One of my research papers is going well. With the others, however, there are some slight problems including but not limited to writer's block and lack of time. This is making me miss the brutal essay tests of final exams past, and I wouldn't have thought that possible.

The snow that is falling is pretty. But my car is currently frozen to the road and refuses to come unstuck. Every time a snowplow goes by, the situation deteriorates. Just how stuck is it? Well, the wheels don't turn. They can't turn. The most popular theory about why this is so involves ice meeting my car's undercarriage and brake pedals. Either that or Jadis, the White Witch, has made it to our world for a second time and my car did something to offend Her Imperial Majesty, Queen of Narnia, Chatelaine of Cair Paravel, and Empress of the Lone Islands, but apparently not anything offensive enough for her to bother turning the thing to stone. I'll grant you, the vehicle is about as useful as a stone at the present time.

Understandably, I'm not particularly happy right now. Or at least, I wasn't. It's amazing what the really good european milk chocolate my fiancé just gave me and the Prince Caspian trailer going online have been doing to improve my mood...

Labels: ,